Club members are permitted to play with guests who are not members of the club. All guests must be accompanied by a club member at all times. The charge for visitors is £3.00 for adults and £1.50 for juniors (under 19 years of age) per session. It is essential that the guest book is completed with the name of the guest and the accompanying member and the appropriate fee is placed in one of the brown envelopes provided and placing in the safe on the wall before playing. The guest book is located at the top of the stairs in the left hand corner by the viewing gallery of court two as all as the wall safe.
Members failing to comply with this procedure will be reported to the Committee who may take further action. Guests may not play more than 12 times in any one calendar year.
Courts may be booked up to three weeks in advance via the club’s online booking system or on the booking computer at the club opposite the court two viewing gallery.
Every Monday, a new week is added to the system.
During the current week you may book as many courts as you like. During the following week you may book up to two peak-time courts in advance and in the final week you may book one peak-time court in advance. There is no limit on how many off-peak courts you can book in any of the three weeks.
The courts are shared with St. Edmund’s School during the day and the booking chart will show the courts which are reserved for them, but at least one of the four courts is available for members during the day.
PEAK TIME: 5pm – 9:20pm – Monday to Friday
If a Member has to cancel a court PLEASE DO SO AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE. Courts can be cancelled by logging into your online booking account and clicking on the court you have booked to bring up the cancellation screen.
Members that repeatedly fail to cancel peak-time courts that they are unable to use, may be subject to committee sanctions with regards to being able to book courts in the future.
1. Cars may be parked on the forecourt by members and their guests. However, notice is hereby given that all cars are parked at the sole risk of their owners. The Club does not accept responsibility for any loss or other accidents whatsoever to or from such cars.
2. The Club accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage that may be occasioned to members’ effects taken to the Club premises. No valuables should be left unattended at any time.
3. Notice is hereby given that all members, visitors and guests enter the Club premises at their own risk and the Club does not accept responsibility for any loss, damage or other accident which they may suffer.
4. Members, if they so desire, should effect any cover they may require for personal accident or in respect of cover for damages arising from the personal negligence of any other Club members. It may be that members already have such cover under a normal householders contents or any other policy.
5. England Squash reminds you that the use of eye protection is required by all players under the Rules of the Doubles Game (Appendix 10). It is a Club rule that all Juniors wear goggles when playing squash. Non-slip, non-marking sports shoes must be worn on court. The Committee strongly recommends that all players wear goggles, especially when playing doubles.